Part 1 - Probiotics: Why do we need them?
- Probiotics are bacteria.
- There are over 500 different species in your digestive track.
- If these microflora are not present, the ground is laid for health issues.
- Probiotics provides the healthy flora that we need in our GI track.
- Hormones and antibiotics are made in your gut with the help of probiotics.
- Research shows that the healthy gut bacteria is declining in the average person.
- Lack of good gut bacteria may lead to yeast overgrowth and Crohn's Diseaase.
- The probiotic must be alive
- They must be kept refrigerated.
- Better if taken on an empty stomach.
You may also like...
On our final episode this week, we have some ideas for how you can give your loved ones a personal gift of health. These simple ideas are thoughtful ways you can give of yourself for those special people in your life this holiday season.Watch
Today we will provide more hazards related to drinking milk and consuming dairy products. Milk really can rob us of our health. From heart disease to breast cancer, there are so many reasons not to drink milk!Watch
Your beverages are in place, now what should you serve for appetizers for the big game? How about a hummus dip that Jodi came up with especially for this year's game! Add some veggies and fruit and your guests won't even know they are eating healthy!Watch