Part 1 - Healthier Holidays: Turkey and Stuffing
- You can reduce the fat and chemicals in your family's holiday meal by planning ahead.
- Find an organic or antibiotic-free turkey to serve for Thanksgiving this year.
- The difference in quality and taste between an organic turkey and a regular turkey is huge! Well worth the price difference.
- Prepare your organic or antibiotic-free turkey the same way you would a regular turkey.
- You will find that a smaller amount of organic turkey will satisfy you!
- If you don't normally stuff your turkey, try just stuffing it with an apple and an onion.
- If you do stuff your turkey, try a gluten-free stuffing this year, maybe with wild rice, millet, or quinoa.
- Check out http://www.plateology.com/ for lots of recipe ideas for both turkey and stuffing!
You may also like...
Many women ignore chest symptoms that are often something minor, but could be a sign of a major issue. We have seen women as young as 35 with major heart issues, such as a heart attack, but if you pay attention to the signs your body is giving you, then you can catch problems and treat them before they become major issues.Watch
On todays episode, we will talk about some of the common factors that can block or inhibit Vitamins E, K, and C. These are everyday medicines for some of us, and you might not be aware that they might be blocking your body from getting the nutrients it needs!Watch
Today we talk about the link between food allergies and migraines. There are so many foods that can cause an allergic reaction that leads to a migraine. A simple allergy test can help you determine if something as simple as a food allergy could be causing your chronic migraines!Watch
On today’s episode, we give you some of the facts about what nutrition you are getting (or not getting) in some of the popular fast food choices. You will be surprised when you hear just how much saturated fat is in these items!Watch for free