Part 1 - Avoiding depression during the holidays: Dietary tips to help you avoid depression
- Your diet is a key part of avoiding depression around the holidays.
- Many people deviate from their normal diet, which can cause depression.
- Sugar is especially harmful if you are trying to avoid depression.
- You also need to make sure you are eating enough high-quality protein.
- Keep some healthy snacks (like nuts and seeds) at your office to help curb cravings.
- Drink plenty of water during the holiday season; it helps your body detox things that can cause depression symptoms.
- Water also helps you detox alcohol and sweet drinks that you might drink during the holiday season.
- Try a glass of water with the juice of a lemon in it to help detoxify your liver.
You may also like...
Part 2 - Let’s talk about vitamins and minerals: Little-known foods that block vitamins and minerals
On today’s episode, we share some of the little-known foods that can block the absorption of vitamins and minerals. From tap water to black tea, we have ways you can prevent these foods and drinks from having a negative effect on your life!Watch
Join us in part 2 of our Coughs and Colds series to learn how to avoid the side effects of over the counter medications by using natural cough syrups and remedies.Watch
There is a big difference in the forms of calcium supplements. From neutralizing stomach acid to causing bone spurs and kidney stones, it is important to avoid these poor forms in everything.Watch
On todays episode, we share some more substitutions you can make to make holiday favorites healthier, some ideas for making dessert healthier during the holidays, and some fun ideas to get some exercise after your meal!Watch