Part 1 - Nutrient robbers: Common Vitamin A and D blockers
- Antacids are one of the most commonly used medications, but they block the absorption of Vitamin A.
- Air pollution also blocks Vitamin A.
- Statins (for cholesterol) and barbiturates (found in sleep aids) also block the body from absorbing Vitamin A.
- Mineral oil (which shouldn't be taken for anything anymore) also blocks Vitamin A, and can have dramatic effects on the immune system, especially in children.
- Antacids also block the absorption of Vitamin D.
- Anticonvulsive drugs and sedatives are also common medicines that block Vitamin D.
- Cortizone and pollution are also blockers of Vitamin D.
You may also like...
On today’s episode, we have a couple more signs and symptoms that might indicate gallbladder problems. We also have some quick diet changes and supplements that might help provide some support for your gallbladder!Watch
This week we will talk about diet soda. Many people believe that drinking diet soda is a good way to lose weight and satisfy their sweet tooth, but the reality is very different. Today we have two important reasons for you to avoid drinking diet soda.Watch for free
On today’s episode, we have some quick and easy ways to get more fiber in your diet every day. Just substituting brown rice for white rice is one way you can start getting the fiber you need, each and every day.Watch
On our final episode, we have some final tips, foods, and supplements that can help you support gallbladder health. If all these things don’t help you, we have another step you can take short of surgery, but we would need to talk to you one-on-one first!Watch