Part 1 - Nutrient robbers: Common Vitamin A and D blockers
- Antacids are one of the most commonly used medications, but they block the absorption of Vitamin A.
- Air pollution also blocks Vitamin A.
- Statins (for cholesterol) and barbiturates (found in sleep aids) also block the body from absorbing Vitamin A.
- Mineral oil (which shouldn't be taken for anything anymore) also blocks Vitamin A, and can have dramatic effects on the immune system, especially in children.
- Antacids also block the absorption of Vitamin D.
- Anticonvulsive drugs and sedatives are also common medicines that block Vitamin D.
- Cortizone and pollution are also blockers of Vitamin D.
You may also like...
Today we give you even more ingredients to be on the lookout for when you are choosing your personal care products. From lead-containing ingredients to an ingredient to make your shampoo foamy, we will help you pick out those ingredients that might be harmful to your health.Watch
On our final episode, we have some final tips, foods, and supplements that can help you support gallbladder health. If all these things don’t help you, we have another step you can take short of surgery, but we would need to talk to you one-on-one first!Watch
Part 3 - Protecting your immune system this holiday season: Two more tips to boost your immune system
Today we give you the let two of our 6 easy tips for boosting your immune system this holiday season. Armed with all 6, you should be able to keep your immune system functioning at a high level this winter and holiday season!Watch