Part 1 - Nutrient robbers: Common Vitamin A and D blockers
- Antacids are one of the most commonly used medications, but they block the absorption of Vitamin A.
- Air pollution also blocks Vitamin A.
- Statins (for cholesterol) and barbiturates (found in sleep aids) also block the body from absorbing Vitamin A.
- Mineral oil (which shouldn't be taken for anything anymore) also blocks Vitamin A, and can have dramatic effects on the immune system, especially in children.
- Antacids also block the absorption of Vitamin D.
- Anticonvulsive drugs and sedatives are also common medicines that block Vitamin D.
- Cortizone and pollution are also blockers of Vitamin D.
You may also like...
Today we have the last two of our five tips to balance your hormones. Leptin resistance and having a healthy thyroid are crucial to getting your hormones balanced.Watch
On today’s episode, we give you some of the facts about what nutrition you are getting (or not getting) in some of the popular fast food choices. You will be surprised when you hear just how much saturated fat is in these items!Watch for free
On todays episode, we share some more substitutions you can make to make holiday favorites healthier, some ideas for making dessert healthier during the holidays, and some fun ideas to get some exercise after your meal!Watch